If you enjoy comfort food with a kick, try these green chile and cheese stuffed pork chops.
Ingredients for Green Chile Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, minced (smaller bits are easier to stuff in the chops)
- 1/2 cup chopped green chile (heat level of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup of chopped green chile, drain excess fluid
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese (little salty, dry and crumbles easily)
- 1 cup beef broth
- Make slits in pork chops to form a pocket in fat end.
- Combine bread crumbs, sugar, pepper, salt, 3 tablespoons of the butter (melted), onions, green chile, cheese, and parsley. Mix well. Stuff chops generously. Skewer the chops with toothpicks to seal them.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a skillet. Brown chops slowly over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add beef broth and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes until tender. Turn chops at least once. Remove toothpicks and pour pan juices over pork chops before serving.
- To thicken the remaining broth into gravy, add 1 teaspoon of corn starch to 1/4 cup of water, stirring until the corn starch dissolves. Gradually add to the broth after removing the pork chops, stirring constantly on low heat until it thickens.