Spice Up Your Steak Marinade
This steak marinade is actually delicious on a variety of meats; however, it is my ‘go-to’ when grilling steaks, with a wonderfully flavorful combination of spices and a bit of red chile infused heat. Furthermore, the recipe makes quite a bit of marinade so I frequently plan my meals for the week so I can marinade more than one meal at a time. Getting more mileage out of my marinade.
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce (tamari for a gluten free option)
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons red chile flakes (about 5 dried pods crumbled)
- 1.5 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons dried basil
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Step 1: Combine the red chile, parsley, white pepper, garlic, basil, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce in a bag or container.
Step 2: Coat meat evenly in marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Cook as desired.
Please leave your recipe modifications, or any questions that you may have, in the comments.