Mountain Lot in Angel Fire – For Sale by Owner
Have you ever dreamed of building a mountain cabin where you and your family can hike and mountain bike all summer and ski and snowmobile in the winter? If so, this lot is for you.
Located in Angel Fire, New Mexico, this .92 acre lot was selected by the owner, a general contractor, based on its desirability as a building lot and for its spectacular views of Agua Fria Peak and the Ute Valley. The lot is gently sloped and surrounded on three sides by stands of aspen and pine, bordered on the north by a green belt. Utility hookups are available at the road (electricity, water & telephone) and the road is well maintained by Angel Fire Resort. Mountain homes in this area list from $500-700K. Prior to the real estate market crumbling in 2007, an adjacent lot sold for $80,000. This lot is on the market for $25,000.
The town of Angel Fire is a small mountain community and resort area located in the beautiful Moreno Valley on the “Enchanted Circle”, the circular route between Taos, Red River, and Eagle Nest. The permanent population is 1,216. Besides restaurants and lodging, the community provides an ample selection of grocery stores, hardware stores and other shopping.
Angel Fire is 91 miles from Santa Fe, 24 miles from Taos, and 29 miles from Red River. The area averages 300+ sunny days per year, with summer temperatures in the mid-70s during the day and in the mid-50s at night. The Colfax County airport, located in Angel Fire, provides private and charter plane service. Other airports in the area include Albuquerque (international service), Santa Fe and Taos.
Besides the cost of the lot, an annual Angel Fire Resort membership fee entitles lot holders access to the following amenities:
- Summer golf on an 18 hole golf course
- Tennis Program and Court Usage
- Daily Lift Tickets to the Angel Fire Ski Area and Bike Park
- Hiking Trails and Greenbelt Access
- Horse Stables for Short-Term Boarding
- Pool and Fitness Center
- Gorgeous RV Park with Electric Hook-ups, bath house and amenities galore
- Golf cart (discounted fee)
- Fishing at Monte Verde Lake
- Boat rental on Monte Verde Lake (discounted fee)
- Zipline Tours (discounted fee)
- World Class Bike Park (discounted fee)
- Aqua Fit, Yoga and Pilates Classes (discounted fee)
Other Area Attractions
- Other ski areas near Angel Fire include Santa Fe, Taos, Red River and Sipapu.
- Santa Fe and Carson National Forests
- Eagle’s Nest Lake State Park
- Cimarron Canyon State Park
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- White water rafting (up to class 4) in the Rio Grande Gorge
- Fly fishing (Rio Grande, Red River, Valle Vidal, Cimarron Canyon, etc)
- The historic towns of Santa Fe and the Taos
- The Santa Fe and Taos art scene
- Taos Pueblo
- Puye Cliff Dwellings
- Mesa Prieta Petroglyphs
- Valle Vidal (The Valley of Life) – a lush mountain valley at an elevation of 9324’ that offers camping, hiking, fly fishing and abundant wildlife including large herds of elk and mule deer, black bears, mountain lions, bald eagles and native Rio Grande cutthroat trout.
Angel Fire Membership Fee: $650.00/year
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact the owner. I am posting this as a favor for a friend. I don’t know anything more than what is listed here.
Samuel (Sandy) Davis